There Are Many Special Circumstances Surrounding Childbirth
How many positive, straight forward Birth Stories you've heard?
Most Birth Stories contain 'special circumstances'. A baby might remain breech. A woman might develop toxemia. Pregnancy and childbirth are never completely predictable. Everything that can happen in birth is "normal" and "natural" even if it is not desired.
No matter how prepared you are or how specific your Birth Plan is, you may encounter special circumstances. But don't be afraid. The Pink Kit skills are designed to help every woman through every pregnancy, and can help you deal with these special circumstances and birth better in whatever birth you have.
- During pregnancy you and your birthing partner can enjoy preparing your pregnant body to become the birthing body it needs to be.
- During pregnancy both of you can learn and practice birth skills and birth coaching skills so that together you can work with your baby's efforts to be born
- You can use your Birthing Better birth and birth coaching skills so that each inhalation opens your pregnant body and each exhalation relaxes inside your Pelvic Clock.
Three types of birth:
One hundred percent of pregnant women will give birth in one of three ways.
- You will have labor contractions and have a vaginal birth whether in a hospital birth, home birth, being attended by an obstetrician or midwife and whether your birth is a natural birth or a medical birth.
- You will have labor contractions and then end up with an emergency Cesarean.
- You will have a non-laboring Cesarean.
If you are attempting a vbac (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) you will still have one of the above births.
Regardless of the special circumstances around your pregnancy and birth using your Birthing Better skills will improve your birth experience. You can always use your skills to direct relaxation inside your body, and you can always work closely with your birth coach. Together, as expectant parents, you can always work with your baby's efforts to be born.